Blog archive: June 2018
June 11, 2018 by ILCA
We hereby announce an open call for nominations for this year’s awards of the International Life Cycle Academy. Academy awards are given to honour contributions of outstanding quality, within the last or current year, within the field of quantitative sustainability assessment, in the form of either conference presentations or scientific publications. Equal weight is given to scientific content and application/communication.
There are 6 Award categories:
- Best contribution to LCA modelling
- Best contribution to sustainable production
- Best contribution to sustainable consumption
- Best contribution to policy application of LCA
- Best contribution to LCA communication or teaching
- Best contribution to LCA quality
For the 2018 Awards the Academy would like to focus on contributions within the area of sustainable production and consumption of food. The Award ceremony will be held as part of the LCA Food conference, 17th – 19th October 2018 in Bangkok.
Nominations should be sent to email@example.com before September 3rd. Self-nominations are admitted but must be accompanied by at least 1 external recommendation letter. Nominations should include:
- Title, name and e-mail address of nominee
- The Award category sought, among the ones listed above (min. 1, max. 2)
- A motivation of maximum 10 lines of text
- A copy of the conference presentation or scientific publication that the Award is sought for. Conference presentations must have been accepted for presentation at a conference between November 2017 and December 2018 and be accompanied by a copy of the confirmation letter. Scientific publications must be published on-line or in paper after October 2017.
See https://ilca.es/meetings-and-awards/academy-awards/awards-2017/ for the winners of the 2017 awards.
We look forward to receive your nominations!
On behalf of the Award Committee
Bo Weidema & Shabbir Gheewala